Monday, January 15, 2018

How to Write Right!!!!



How to Write Right!!!! 


It can be punishingly hard to write. So, we’ve taken tips from some of today’s most successful authors to help you put your pen to paper

When you’re struggling to write a story, it sometimes helps to share notes, talk, and learn from those who have been there and done that. But most of us can’t reach out to the experienced whenever we want. So, here are some writing tips from some great writers. No matter if you’re a competent writer facing a creativity drought or a newbie wondering how to get started, these solid pieces of advice will surely show you how to put your thoughts to paper. 

GO OFFLINE WHEN WRITING @ PAULA HAWKINS

I sometimes have to step away from social media for a while. I love social media and talking about books on Twitter – but, sometimes, it can take over. I had to force myself to leave social media after the Referendum vote last year, because it was too distracting.

INSPIRATION CAN BE SIMPLE @ MICHAEL ONDAATJE

I don’t have a great scheme of a plot or any sort of idea for a novel in the beginning. It usually starts with one image: a patient in a bed talking to a nurse, or a boy walking across a field eating a stalk of celery — something as simple as that. Then I have a time period, and that’s how my books begin. I 
investigate this little keyhole of an image, and then the book grows from that.

YOUR CHARACTERS ARE ALWAYS REAL FOR YOU @ KAMILA SHAMSIE

There is no such thing as a singular experience of a place, a time, an event, a gender. Think about how your characters live through what is happening to them rather than attempting to write the definitive account of any experience.

YOU NEED PERSEVERANCE AND A THICK SKIN @ IAN RANKIN

Have faith in your abilities and the confidence that you have a story worth telling. But be open to advice and criticism. You need perseverance, a thick skin, and a measure of luck. I was being published for over 10 years before I ‘made it’.

CLARITY IS KEY@ CHIMAMANDA NGOZI ADICHIE

Clarity’s important to me. I forget who said that ‘prose should be as clear as a window pane’. I’m very much into that school of thought, and it’s the kind of fiction I like to read. The writing that I like to read, is writing that is clear.

Source | Hindustan Times | 13th January 2018

Regards

Prof. Pralhad Jadhav 

Master of Library & Information Science (NET Qualified) 
Senior Manager @ Knowledge Repository  
Khaitan & Co 

Twitter Handle | @Pralhad161978

No comments:

Post a Comment